Experience the raw natural beauty and rich cultural heritage of Okinawa, from the castle ruins and heritage sites of the main island to the secluded coves, vibrant reefs, and clear waters of the Kerama and Yaeyama islands. Discover Okinawa at your own pace, island by island, moment by moment.
The islands of Okinawa are as diverse as they are plentiful, stretching from the main island in the north to Ishigaki and beyond in the south. There are 160 islands large and small, inhabited and uninhabited. Authentic Okinawan experiences await, with cultural treasures, outdoor adventure, and world-class diving just some of the draws. Choose the perfect destination for your unforgettable Okinawa experience.
With so much to see and do across 160 different islands, deciding what to do is not always easy. Browse recommended trips, new and trending attractions, travel stories and guides. Be inspired by Okinawa.
- Visiting Tsuboya Yachimun Street
- 10 Must-Try Traditional Okinawan Experiences
- Okinawa’s Local Culture and Ryukyu Heritage
- The Beauty and Culture of the Yaeyama Islands
- A Journey Through Okinawan Karate
- Royal Hospitality and Okinawa’s Rich Performing Arts Culture
- A 3-Day Journey Through Okinawa’s Main Island
- You do not have to leave the main island to experience the seaside beauty, natural wonder, enduring history and culture, and luxury offered in Okinawa
PLAN YOUR TRIP
When to go, how to get here, and how to get around the beautiful islands of Okinawa. Everything you need to know to plan an unforgettable trip.
News & Media
Keep up to date with the latest news and announcements, from updates on restoration work and notifications of traffic restrictions to new openings, temporary closures, and special events.
- An eco-friendly journey. Rediscover the magic of Motobu. An introduction to Motobu Story Quest.
- Notice to expressway users