Resort islands, remote capes, forest adventures, and authentic villages await in the north
Dotted with small towns and villages, and home to Yambaru National Park, the north offers outdoor activities and nature excursions alongside historic sites and island-hopping opportunities—all at a relaxed, leisurely pace. Indulge yourself at a luxury resort on the Onna Coast. Sightsee around the Motobu Peninsula, and drive across to Kouri Island or Sesoko Island to relax at the beach or enjoy marine activities. Alternatively, explore the lush forests and rugged karst landscapes of Yanbaru.
With so much to see and do across 160 different islands, deciding what to do is not always easy. Browse recommended trips, new and trending attractions, travel stories and guides. Be inspired by Okinawa.
- Visiting Tsuboya Yachimun Street
- 10 Must-Try Traditional Okinawan Experiences
- Okinawa’s Local Culture and Ryukyu Heritage
- The Beauty and Culture of the Yaeyama Islands
- A Journey Through Okinawan Karate
- Royal Hospitality and Okinawa’s Rich Performing Arts Culture
- A 3-Day Journey Through Okinawa’s Main Island
- You do not have to leave the main island to experience the seaside beauty, natural wonder, enduring history and culture, and luxury offered in Okinawa